With the development of an increasingly rapid era, now humans no longer need to bother looking for information using print media such as newspapers and magazines. We can get any information, anytime and anywhere through the internet. It can be said, nowadays the internet has become a primary human need. The internet has become a part of human life starting from education, social media to economic-business.
Online shopping is the activity of purchasing goods and services through the Internet. Online shopping is classified as a Business to Consumer (B2C) e-commerce transaction. With the increasing number of online trading businesses that have spread in Indonesia, plus the sophistication of technology that combines online platforms and services and products, of course, it brings many advantages and disadvantages for both producers, distributors and consumers. Like Ayurveda Shop, you can shop easily.
This situation is used by service providers to develop their business through e-commerce, one of which is an online shop or online shopping. Various innovations are carried out by providers of goods and services to promote and intensify products through social media which are believed to have a major influence in product marketing. The increase in online shops in Indonesia is still a hot topic of discussion among the public, especially young people, who are synonymous with instant things without spending a lot of energy in meeting their needs. However, behind the convenience and speed of online shopping, there are positive and negative impacts felt by users.
Through this online-shop, buyers don’t have to bother going to the store just to get the items they want. Buyers can view and sell merchandise via smartphones. Sellers and buyers do not need to face to face to make transactions. Buyers just order the desired item, then payment can be made by bank transfer or credit card. After that, the goods will be sent to the address according to the buyer’s wishes.
The advantages and positive impacts of this online-shop include:
- Shopping becomes more practical.
- Can compare prices easily from one online-shop to another online-shop.
- Save energy and time, no need to walk from one store to another to get the items you want.
- Can get goods from anywhere, from outside the city and even abroad.
- The price of goods is usually cheaper.
- Helping the economy of small traders.
However, behind the positive impact there must be a negative impact. Here are some of the negative impacts of online shopping, namely:
- The quality of the goods that do not match the picture
- Items received are defective or damaged when the goods are in transit.
- Unable to distinguish genuine or counterfeit goods.
- Fraud often occurs, after the money is transferred, the goods are not received.
- Leads to consumptive behavior.
- Vulnerable to account breaches if payments are made via the Internet.