Since time began, mankind has been searching for the secret of eternal youth, some anti- aging miracle. This is in itself a fantasy, but you can increase your chances of living longer by making a few changes to the way you eat. It all boils down to one factor… diet. The old saying “you are what you eat” holds true when it comes to anti-aging. Eating well is the key to better health and increases your chances of living longer. Improved eating habits lead to a higher level of fitness, our skin benefits, and we are better able to cope with stress and anxiety.
What do we mean by eating well? Thousands of articles have been written on the subject, but here are a few general pointers.
1) Cut down on salt. Use herbs and spices to flavor food. This takes a bit of getting used to, but your taste buds will adjust eventually, and your blood pressure will love you!
2) If at all possible, cut out all refined sugar, found in cakes and cookies, and watch out for the bad fats found in processed foods. Avoid these foods, they are poison to your system, and your skin, in particular, will benefit.
3) It is fashionable at the moment to try to eliminate carbohydrates from our diet .We should cut down, by all means, but good carbohydrates like whole grain bread, sweet potatoes ,and brown rice are excellent sources of energy and nutrients. Also sugar-free cereals, beans and pulses.
4) This almost goes without saying! Eat lots of fruit and vegetables! If you find it difficult to eat the recommended five portions a day, make them into smoothies. These delicious drinks contain all the anti- aging properties of the fruit and vegetables themselves.
5) Cut down on red meat, and eat more white meat, like chicken and turkey. Fish, of course, is an excellent anti- aging food, and remember to try for two portions of oily fish a week. Salmon, sardines, and mackerel are great sources of Omega-3 oils. These oils are helpful in maintaining a healthy heart.
6) Avoid full fat dairy produce. Try low fat versions of cheese, milk, and butter.
Occasionally, however, despite our best efforts, and because of the way modern food is produced, our diet will not provide us with the correct amount of vitamins and minerals needed by our bodies. This is when we should consider vitamin supplements. There are a huge number of anti- aging vitamins on the market, and with a bit of research, you will find the right one for you.
If you need help with deciding which anti-aging supplement you should buy, your pharmacist or doctor will be pleased to advise you.
Remember, anti-aging supplements are not just for older people! You are never too young to start taking anti-aging supplements! You will feel healthier and more energized if you make them part of your daily routine.
So we see how important diet is when it comes to anti-aging, and with these suggestions you can easily make the necessary changes to your diet.
O1 Visa More Worthwhile Alternative to H1b for Indian Immigrants
Stopping Generalized Anxiety Disorder With The 4 P’s
Allergic to Guinea Pigs?